RE: [XFree86] IO error 104 on X server ":0.0"

Hi, i?m newbie too and excuse my english.

xfree support  drivers from xfree, you are using and nvidia driver, they
have they own forum for that. I don?t mean to be rude is just the true they
have better support for this kind of problem.

any way it?s look like you need to close first yor xfree in suse that with
root user "init 3"  i?m not sure how to do it in red hat. Then install the
driver not the rpm "sh nameofdriver.run"  maybe you need to add some options
just follow the instructions in nvidia howto ... then "init 5" and startx
( to go back to zfree ) then you need 3D acceleration in suse that in yast
in red hat i supose you can use sax2.

remenber i?m newbie too ... not expert or "guru"

atte.
Marcel MM