Ang: [XFree86] Optional Mouse(s) with X.

Try:
    InputDevice "<device>" "SendCoreEvents" instead of     InputDevice
"<device>" "CorePointer"

I got my laptop set up with one CorePointer and one SendCoreEvents, if
i inplugg my SendCoreEvents device, X starts just fine :)

Svein Erik

>>> ARokicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 17/09 2:22  >>>
I have industrial robotic application that I need to run touch screen
OR/AND a mouse.

Machines will have mouse or touch screen or both or no pointer.
X works fine as long as mouse and touch screen is plugged in.
If only touch screen is plugged in X locks up the screen.

I have googled for a while now with not usable results.
Thanks
Andy R.

My XF86Config-4

# XFree86 4.0 configuration generated by Xconfigurator

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "touchscreen1" "CorePointer"
EndSection

# By default, Red Hat Linux 6.0 and later use xfs

Section "Files"
#       FontPath "unix/:7100"
EndSection

# Module loading section

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"             # Double-buffering
        Load  "GLcore"          # OpenGL support
        Load  "dri"             # Direct rendering infrastructure
        Load  "glx"             # OpenGL X protocol interface
        Load  "extmod"          # Misc. required extensions
        Load  "v4l"             # Video4Linux
        # Load  "pex5"          # PHIGS for X 3D environment
(obsolete)
        # Load  "record"        # X event recorder
        # Load  "xie"           # X Image Extension (obsolete)
        # You only need the following two modules if you do not use
xfs.
        # Load  "freetype"       # TrueType font handler
        # Load  "type1"         # Adobe Type 1 font handler
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "touchscreen1"
        Driver "elographics"
        Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
        Option "AlwaysCore"
        Option "screenno" "0"
        Option "MinimumXPosition" "3718"
        Option "MaximumXPosition" "400"
        Option "MinimumYPosition" "3512"
        Option "MaximumYPosition" "534"
        Option "UntouchDelay" "10"
        Option "ReportDelay" "10"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        # Modified by mouseconfig
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "Princeton EO40"
        VendorName "Unknown"
        ModelName  "Unknown"
        HorizSync 48.0
        VertRefresh 50.0-120.0
#       Option "dpms" # this blanks out the screen
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier "ATI Mach64 VT (264VT)"
        Driver "ati"