[XFree86] X server crash

Hi,

I am using XFree86 version 4.3.0 on Red Hat Linux 9 (release 4.3.0-2).

Many times, after restarting my laptop, the X server is unable to start up giving an error that it is unable to load base modules 'bitmap' and 'pcidata'.

I am also using Windows XP SP1 professional edition on my laptop.. The server crash often occurs when I boot Linux after having used Windows on my previous boot.

I have been unable to solve the crash problem by no means other than having to reinstall RedHat on my laptop again.. The upgrade installation of X Server is not able to work as it terminates with an error.

Could you kindly look into this problem and let me know what can be done (if there is a solution to it)? I have included the log report generated as an attachment to this mail.

Also, please do contact me if you require any details regarding the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Kumar Gaurav.

Do you Yahoo!?