[XFree86] Mouse problems

Dear List,

Here is a question from a newbie looking for help...

I have a dell 5150 P4 running RH9.0. I installed RH9.0 with just my
built in mousepad present and did not have an external mouse at that
stage. I have recompiled the kernel to load in a
wifi card.

Since then, my mousepad works (still) but I cannot get my usb
wheel mouse to run:-) I have configured it using the mouse gui in the
Redhat start menu but then neither my mousepad or usb wheel mouse will
work.

Has it got something to do with the "AlwaysCore" assignment?

Below is my XF86Config file snip

**********
# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

>>snip>>>

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"