Re: [XFree86] Lacking organization

Mark Vojkovich writes:
 >    There was a group working on a FAQ, but I'm not sure what the
 > status on that is.   We could sure use some efforts to keep the
 > level of redundant questions down.  We get too many i845G doesn't
 > work, too many "fixed" font questions, etc...

The XFree86 merely contains the same documentation about configuration
that is also in your system when you install X.
These are the man pages for the drivers, the Xservers and the config
files, the READMEs and the release notes.
It isn't really helpful to find any information on troubleshooting.
I've started a Wiki with an FAQ at: http://xfree86.linuxwiki.org.
Despite the name this to cover XFree86 on all platforms. Therefore
I don't understand why people are whining about not having an FAQ.

This FAQ already addresses a lot of the questions that are asked the
most. If anyone would like to help me filling it with more useful
information please feel free to do so. It is not required that you
submit your contributions anywhere. It is a Wiki, you can just add
it right in place.

Egbert.