Re: [XFree86] (no subject)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, arun kumar wrote:

> Sir,
> 	I've a PC with configuration; AMD Athlon XP 1700+,ASUS motherboard with
> built in GeForce 2 MX display card etc. While installing Redhat 9.0 I faced
> the following problems...
>
> 	After booting with the Redhat 9.0 cd, in the GUI environment it seems small
> square in the place of mouse pointer. so i followed the text method and
> installed successfully. After installing i skipped the X configuration. Now
> i can login in text mode and can use efficiently.
> 	Now i would like to get the GNOME and KDE enviroment etc. How can i
> configure X Window System from text mode? Is there any driver files need to
> be downloaded? Please help me.

   The only case I know of where cursor problems happen in that driver
is if you've told the driver (incorrectly) the ammount of video ram
configured rather than letting it autodetect it.

   If you've specified the amount of video ram in the XF86Config file,
you should remove that.  If that doesn't fix the problem I'll need to
see the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file.

			Mark.