[XFree86] Mouse cursor issue

Hi

I'm trying to build me a very slick graphical login screen (slick as in
"screen filled with one color only"). I'm using xdm to accomplish this, by
applying the same color to everything but the text and removing the
User/Password labels it's almost there. However that huge X mouse cursor
centered in the screen kind of ruins it. I know this is just an eye candy
issue, but shouldn't it be possible to either disable the mouse until the
user has logged in, move the cursor or maybe use another cursor (the same
color as the rest of the screen)?

Also, is it possible to change the rather hideous text-cursor (looks like
an "I" gone wrong), with a prettier | - kind of thing and maybe make it
blink?

I don't nessecarily need to use xdm, but it's the only display manager I
can customize this much. So if I can make a login screen that's basically
just one big screen of colour and a blinking text cursor for entering
username/password with some other DM please let me know.

Lasse Riis