RE: [Thinstation-developer] Re: [XFree86] Out of Memory

Hi Alan,

Could you have a look at this, I've been trying to work out a problem with
Mark, but ran into a snitch with xf4vnc and would like your feedback.

when I try a

xdpyinfo

it doesn't show the X_Resouce extenstion

when I do a

xdpyinfo -ext all

it says

XFree-VidModeExtention extention not supported by server
SHAPE extention not supported by server
SYNC extention not supported by server
XFree86-DGA extention not supported by server
XFree86-Misc extention not supported by server
DOUBLE-DUFFER extention not supported by server
RECORD extention not supported by server
XINERAMA extention not supported by server

now, I'm loading the vnc.so module which I've just found out is the reason
all the above extenstions aren't working.  When I remove it they work.  I've
just tried to upgrade to xf4vnc 4.3.0.101 to see if this fixes any problems
but now it doesn't work at all, here is my XFree86.log

Also, a couple of people have been saying how slow Xfree seems to them,
could it be because the above extenstions aren't supported?

Cheers

Miles