[XFree86] any Trident support?

Hi,
	I tried installing Redhat 9 on a Toshiba Tecra M1. It fell over
straight away when I got psychodelic colors on the graphical install.
	It works with Vesa driver sort of, but the colors are all messed up. If
I then switch to text mode (Ctrl,Alt,F1), then back to X, the colors
seem to get fixed.
	Is there a better driver I could try? Are there any extra options I
should put in the XF86Config file?
	I tried specifying the trident driver, but that was really really bad.
The screen only displayed the top left quarter of the actual desktop.
Not good.

			Thanks for any help

				Jimmy

--