[XFree86] Old-style font rendering

Hello,

	I upgraded from Slackware Gnu/Linux 8 to version 9 today.  This
included an upgrade to XFree86 4.3.0 with fontconfig, Xft, and
anti-aliasing all configured.

	This is all well and good... but I want my old font
configuration back.  Before, I could just make my XF86Config look like:

	FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/75dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/Type1", etc

And the core renderer would always use the 100dpi fonts, unless I asked
for a font that was only available as some other type.  The above
XF86Config snippet doesn't do the trick, so I tried making
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf have this section:

	<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/100dpi</dir>
	<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/75dpi</dir>
	<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts</dir>

But this doesn't do the trick.  Can anyone give me some pointers on how
to replicate the old behavior with Xft?

Thanks!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.