[XFree86] System crashes, keyboard and mouse do not work

Hi there,

I use Linux from scratch on HP Pavillion Ze4360 Laptop (Kernel 2.4.22 without DRI, VESA Framebuffer).

I installed XFree following the steps of the link above. I changed the host.def for my System (see attachment) and the line

#define XInputDrivers    mouse keyboard void

(Added keyboard. Why is it not in the BLFS host.def???)

When testing the system with

    XFree86 -xf86config ~/XF86Config.new

I encountered the following problem: The display switches to graphic mode and I can see the cursor. The keyboard doesn't work, shift lock and num lock are active. Even the power button and the button for deactivating the touchpad do not respond. Now the only way to shutdown the system ist removing the plug and the battery. By the way the touchpad is also not working. Might it be,that Kernel options are missing for mouse/touchpad support?

In the attachment you can find the following files:

host.def
XFree86.0.log
XF86Config.new

Has anyone an idea, how I can get it to work?

Thanks in advance,
Marko