[XFree86] 9200 Radeon & DVI...

Try xfree86 cvs.  some oems wire their dacs differently.  cvs has code
to deal with certain situations.
use:
Option "MonitorLayout" "tdms, none"
for a single dvi monitor.

glibc 2.2 systems can get cvs binaries here:
http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/
for glibc 2.3 systems you will probably have to build your own driver.
you can also try my cvs mergedfb binaires, however, they contain my
mergedfb patch.
http://www.botchco.com/alex/radeon/mergedfb/cvs/cvs-2003-7-31/final/

Alex

--------------------------------------

Hi all.

I did search the archives, and found someone with an identical problem,
but no resolution (although there did appear to be a suggestion...)

As subject - I have a Radeon 9200, which runs XFree86 fine. However,
video only comes out of the VGA socket, not the DVI one. The DVI socket
works, because the console can be seen in it.

If I attempt to run X with the monitor plugged into the DVI, the screen
goes blank and it then claims there is no signal, then input signal out
of range. The video is coming out of the VGA port at this point though,
which I can switch to (usually, when using the DVI, there wouldn't be
video coming out of the VGA port, it seems). Quitting X and the VGA
port
goes videoless again, but video does not return to the DVI.

I won't paste full logs unless asked, but there were some lines which
seemed relevant to my untrained eye:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 02:00:0
(II) ATI:  Candidate "Device" section "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon
RV280 [Radeon 9200]".
(WW) ATI:  PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 2:0:1 could not be detected!
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:2:0:1)
found
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9200 5961 (AGP) found

(this card is sitting in an AGP slot of an nVidia nForce motherboard,
which has onboard dual-head capable graphics, but which I'm not
attempting to use).

I'm trying to drive a flat panel at 1280x1024 (its native resolution),
the X version is 4.3 from the Debian experimental respository, kernel
is
2.6.0-test2. X works great in analogue, so I'm not desperate for a fix,
but if anyone can suggest something I'm willing to spend some time
fiddling and testing to get it working. I haven't ever even seen the
XFree86 source, but I'm fairly competent at compiling/etc...

Any suggestions much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Alex.