Re: [XFree86] glx extensions not found for FX5200 with XFree 4.3.0

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Syta Saephan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Redhat 9.0 running.  I am trying to get X to work with a Leadtek video card based on the FX 5200 chipset.
>
> I have Xfree 4.3.0 installed.  I have updated my video drivers with NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run.  I followed the instructions to change the XF86Config-4 file such that the video driver is "nvidia" instead of "nv" and commented out "dri" and "GLCore".
>
> When I do a startx with the "nvidia" driver, my screen displays garbage and locks up.  When I startx with "nv" driver, X starts up fine, but does not load GLX extensions.  I did make sure that I loaded the "glx" extensions.

   NVIDIA's "nvidia" driver and its components (libGL and the glx module)
are mutually exclusive with the "nv" driver and the libGL and glx module
that come with XFree86.  You are likely having that error about not
being able to load the glx module because you are trying to use NVIDIA's
glx module with the "nv" driver.  If you want OpenGL to work with the
"nv" driver you will need to uninstall NVIDIA's glx module and GL libraries.
Note that the OpenGL support utilized by the "nv" driver is unaccelerated.

   As for the "nvidia" driver locking up, we can't support NVIDIA's
drivers on this list, but I would suggest trying it with AGP disabled.
That's:

   Option "NVAGP" "0"

in the Section "Device" in your XF86Config-4 file.  Beyond that, you'll
have to contact NVIDIA for support.

			Mark.