Xnest Font Server setting

Hi,

I am trying to connect to XServer using Xnest as follows :

> Xnest :1 -kb -terminate -name -query <X_SERVER_IP> -geometry 1280x969
-fp tcp/<FONT_SERVER_IP>:7100

but I can only see a blank window which vanishes within a fraction of a
second.
The error I see is : "could not open default font 'fixed'".

Now, if I use,

> Xnest :1 -kb -terminate -name -query <X_SERVER_IP>
-geometry 1280x969
-fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/cursor/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/arkpandora,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

then I can successfully connect to X and can see Xnext login window.

Now, if I run the first command again then this time it works fine
without any error.

Is there any reason why it did not work if I tried only
<FONT_SERVER_IP>:7100 before specifying all the font paths and it worked
after specifying font paths? Does this have anything to do with caching?

Regards,
Girish

DISCLAIMER