Re: Is there an Xlib clone?

intmail wrote:
> I would like to know if a clone of Xlib exist. Programming under Linux with Xlib, I am looking for library like Xlib (just to compare and test them). I know that there is Qt, GTK etc... but they do not interest me because people say that both are based under the same raw Xlib and run only under unix like.

I don't understand your question.  If you need Xlib, then you build
Xlib.  Why do you need a clone?

> Also, I am wondering if system based under Mac or Windows have enough tools or library to connect to an X server.

Mac OS is Unix-based, so it's easy to build X clients.  For Windows, you
can certainly do this in a Cygwin or MinGW environment.  However, you
should make sure that you are really asking the question you meant to
ask.  Running an X client on Windows means that the application runs on
Windows, but its window appears on an X-based computer.  Is that what
you wanted?

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.