Re: Several Darwin quartz objects not being built when using GNU make-3.81+.

Hi,

I've come across a bug filed a year ago with the GNU make project here:
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?16389>
We're trying to convince the GNU-make team to accept Apple's patches
so the .m rules etc. will be "implicit".  If the GNU-make team decide
not to accept the patch there, then we must revamp all affected
projects' build systems _again_ to re-insert these explicit rules.

After logging this particular xfree86 problem, I've applied that
patch to my local make-3.81.90cvs so I could continue building other
projects (that patch indeed does help a _lot_ ;) ).  I've yet to
rebuild xfree86-cvs to see if that patch will help this situation,
but I have a strong feeling it will.

In order to test your patch fairly, I'll need to back-out the patch
to make.

If I could ask anyone in the audience here interested to go to that
bug report for GNU make and add your comments (either 'for' or
'against'), I'd appreciate it, as the GNU team really needs to make a
final decision.  As I mention there-in, if they decline, then I can
pursue the issue with affected projects with a stronger argument ...
if they leave the make bug open / undecided, I don't have much
muscle.  So I'm asking people to help out either way, just so we'll
have a final decision.  Of course several of us are very much wanting
the GNU team to accept the patch just so the issues can be resolved
relatively easily than the inevitable alternative... and please keep
in mind I'm more worried about buildbots that don't run on darwin/osx
but must build _for_ darwin/osx...

Thank you.