Re: Problem: Xfree cross-compiled for mips, It runs but screen is empty :(

K ' wrote:

> I have a problem with running XFree. I have cross-compiled XFree
> version 4.3.0 for mips platform successfully.
> Then I try to run Xfbdef with "Xfbdev &". It actually starts as a
> process ("ps aux" shows that it has started), but somehow I cannot see
> anything on the screen. I used many sample programs under
> "/tmp/usr/X11R6/bin", such as xlogo, xload, xcalc, etc... All of them
> runs, but I have nothing on the screen.

Xfbdev uses the kernel framebuffer driver for your device to get to the
frame buffer.  Are you sure that your kernel understand your graphics
device?  Do you see kernel output on the screen when you boot your
device?  What, exactly, is the graphics hardware?

> The screen is black empty. I am trying to get the display from a TFT
> screen that is connected to my mips system with SCART (composite video
> is used). What might be the problem? It seems a video mode problem,
> but I could not find a solution. I am dealing with this problem for
> weeks, please help me. "cat /proc/fb" gives:
>
> (none) # cat /proc/fb
> 0 3rdparty X9812

I can't find any useful web hits for either of those words.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.