XFree86 for ARM Based Embedded Board

Hello,

Usually, for frame-buffer based embedded systems, we use Tiny-X which is more efficient (smaller footprint and easier to configure).

I am now working on an ARM based embedded board with a frame buffer and I need to build X11 (Release 7) for this (My end objective is to run KDE on the target board.).  I looked up for information on the intenet and at www.X.org and www.XFree86.org but couldn't find anything about cross compiling a full fledged XServer for a frame buffer based system.  Most documents are pertaining to building Tiny-X.

I have the following doubts:
1. Has the above been achieved before (Cross compiling a full-fledged XServer) for ARM?
2. Are there documents with pointers to go about getting this done?

Information would be of great help.

Warm regards,
Kanagesh