Trying to write a kdrive mouse driver

Hi

I have been cross-compiling kdrive for the ARM (so I can use the Xfbdev server) and X is now running and will allow programs to run. The problem is, it isn't much use yet since the mouse isn't working as the system uses a non-standard mouse device and so clearly, it isn't supported.

I have been looking through xc/programs/Xserver/hw/kdrive/linux/mouse.c but I can't work out how to add a new driver. I know how to get data from the device and what format it is in (you just read a single unsigned long int periodically which contains all the data you need and you don't need to write anything to it unlike some of the other mice) so it is simply a case of writing the functions to read and act upon this data.

Can anybody offer any advice as to where to start?

Thanks,
Orkie

PS: I'm using a copy of XFree86 4.3 if that helps
PPS: Yes, my address really is orkienospam@xxxxxxxxx , don't remove the nospam :)

[Index of Archives]     [X Forum]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [X.Org]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Fontconfig]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]