Re: Re: patch - word/byte PCI config support for ix86

>From: Marc Aurele La France <tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Sergey Babkin wrote:
>
>> I've attached the patch that adds word- and byte-sized
>> PCI configuration reads and writes for the ix86
>> platform. The particular reason was to fix the
>
>> Tha patch was done against the X.org 6.9.0 code.
>
>This patch is incomplete.  There are no ...

>- corresponding changes to Pci.h;
>- corresponding functions for other platforms.
>- calls to these new functions;

Oops, I've thought that latest XF86 was synchronized with
the Xorg 6.9 code. These other parts are already
in 6.9, the ix86 platform was the one lagging behind.
The last version of XF86 I've checked was 4.4 from
mid-2004 and it does not have ths code indeed,
but it's very old too.

I guess I can import these changes from 6.9 - probably
grab the whole directory, check that there are no
other dependencies and drop it in.

BTW, there also are changes in the x86emu code
between Xorg 6.9 and XF86 4.5, the last release that
I've downloaded a few weeks ago. They are somewhat
diverging but I think there were more changes in
Xorg 6.9 that weren't in XF86 4.5 than the other way
around. Would you be interested in merging them
in too?

>- checks for alignment;

I'm not sure what to do about those. There is no
way to return an error code, and no use for this error
code in x86emu. Besides, for the ix86 platform the
access is translated into the real Intel INB/INW
instructions which are allowed to have non-aligned
addresses, and if the BIOS had some reason to use
a non-aligned address, I know no way to do anything
better than to pass it through.

-SB