Re: how to change mouse select behavior?

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Jeff Chua wrote:

It's xterm. I'm referring to double-clicking on "1233:03030-30303" and it'll select the whole 1233:03030-30303 instead of 1233

In #208 that was done by changing the charClass resource in the XTerm app-defaults file. I commented out that line (near the end of the file) and added in xterm's code (but did not configure in the app-defaults file) support for regular expressions. There is a comparable example using
regular expressions to select URLs at the bottom of the app-defaults file,
also commented-out.

The motivation for the change in #208 was to support clicking on URLs - several people did not want that in the default configuration. Using charClass for this was also not satisfactory since it would also select strings such as you indicate, and did not take into account the number of clicks.

When testing, I assigned the URL pattern to triple-clicking, and for
the moment had forgotten that charClass applies to double-, triple-clicks
equally...

Thanks,
Jeff