framebuffer question

Hi,

I've been playing around with the framebuffer, and I'd
like ask whether it would be possible to make a
rendered image within the x server not to disappear
because of its refreshes (I guess).

What I'm trying to do, is to be able to render images
on top of an xterm.

This xterm, would be running a ncurses app of my own,
which uses imlib2 to render images onto the
framebuffer.

This server is not running a wm, nor there is a mouse
running on it, just a black background and a xterm
properly placed.

I've been trying sending KD_GRAPHICS iotcls, but
haven't achived them to return successfully so far, so
I don't exactly know what they could do for me.

And I might need to say this app is working properly
within a tty.

Kind Regards,