RE: Xlib : unexpected async reply

Have you tried using XInitThreads()

-----Original Message-----
From: devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of niranjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:35 AM
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Xlib : unexpected async reply

       Iam buildin a kde Application that uses Xlib .
       Iam using  pthread_cond_wait() so that the running
       worker thread will wait untill the GUI thread give
       signal or finished his work .

      But suppose the worker thread blocked some X resources and waiting
      for the signal . If the next thread need those resources
      then there going to be problem .
      So in my case how will ensure that blocked working thread will
      release   all the X resources so that the GUI thread can
      use that X resources .I have used separate display connection
      for each thread .

     I pause the current pthread and invoke an dialog in
    another thread the following error is coming
:
 >    Xlib : unexpected async reply
>    Xlib :    sequence lost (0x1718e > 0x71a0) in reply to 0x0!
>    X Error : BadImplementation (server does not implement opertaion) 17
>     Major opcode : 20
>     MInor opcode : 0
>     Resource id  : 0x759d1
> The error is coming randomly , not always .
   Can any will help how to come out of this error .

Thanks

DISCLAIMER
This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies
and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the
individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to
read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer