Re: Xlib : sequence lost (0x1718e > 0x71a0) in reply to 0x0!

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:18:49 -0800 (PST) niranjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx babbled:

> Hi
>   u have given a good suggestion but I dont understand if the
>     pausing thread block any other thread trying to use the
>    Xlib with the same display connection then why it is working
>     fine sometimes .
> Thanks

that's life debugging and problems with threads. mostly you might be lucky and
the threads don't clash and it HAPPENS to work - by sheer luck. when they do
clash you end up with these "weird problems that happen sometimes" - ie
concurrency/locking issues.

>  Separate threads either need to use separate display
> > connections or you need to enable thread mutexes for a shared
> > connection (XInitThreads will enable Xlib's internal mutexes).
> > Note still, that pausing a thread while it's in Xlib can block
> > any other threads also trying to use Xlib with the same display
> > connection.  You'd want to use separate display connections
> > for that.
> >
> > 			Mark.
> >
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 niranjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >>  Hi to all
> >>

> >> Iam building an kde Application When  I pause the current pthread and
> >>       invoke an dialog in another thread the following error is coming .
> >>
> >> Xlib : unexpected async reply
> >> Xlib :    sequence lost (0x1718e > 0x71a0) in reply to 0x0!
> >> X Error : BadImplementation (server does not implement opertaion) 17
> >>     Major opcode : 20
> >>     MInor opcode : 0
> >>     Resource id  : 0x759d1
> >> The error is coming randomly , not always .
> >>   Can any will help how to come out of this error .
> >>

> >>  Thanks

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)