Re: new keyboard event processing system (second take)

> The patch is here:
> http://maruska.dyndns.org/comp/packages/medved-pipeline.patch

I have updated the medved keyboard driver to work with non-patched linux kernel.
It should work with 2.6 and also 2.4 (usb keyboards only, i think).

I am updating documentation at

http://maruska.dyndns.org/wiki/medved

Let me just write how to configure it, Linux only, still:

config/cf/host.def:

/* This is the point of the patch: use the new pipeline (replacement of
   XAccessX) */
#define BuildXKBPlugin   YES

/* You need the medved driver: */
#define ExtraXInputDrivers medved
/* I use #define XInputDrivers  medved mouse */

/* Does your glibc/kernel provide clock_gettime with CLOCK_MONOTONIC ?
   If it does, GetTimeInMillis will use it.
   In this case Medved will try to configure the
   evdev device to provide timestamps with that kind of time. If the evdev device
   is not able (does not know such ioctl), then medved will ignore the timestamp
   of the event, and use GetTimeInMillis. */
#define HasMonotonicTime YES

/etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard3"
    Option "Core"  "yes"
    Driver      "medved"
 #   Option "XkbKeymap"  "test.mmc"

# possible values:  yes, no, auto
# yes: linux 2.6 allows to have exclusive access to an evdev device
#      This enforces locking.
# no:  this avoid locking
# auto:  lock if possible. DEFAULT

#   Option "grab" "yes"

# possible values:  mono, user, auto
# mono:  enforces the use of Monotonic time:
# user:  ignores the kernel timestamps
# auto: possibly mono, otherwise user. DEFAULT

#   Option "time" "auto"

EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
InputDevice		 "keyboard3" "CoreKeyboard"

bye.