how to attach windows' ids?

Hello,

I'm programming over Xlib and traditional c language, actually trying to setup icons on my desktop.

The thing is I'm using XShape, and cannot handle subwindows after I've masked a parent with an empty pixmap, so I'm not able to have icon's image and text as childs of the actual "icon" window, as I'd like.

Then I thought on trying to "attach" a window to it's text traversing an array of windows' ids under the ButtonPress event mask (on the loop), but can achieve it neither.

I've been looking for info about this within the X's man pages and html docs, but don't see or have missed a function that could help me on this, so I don't have to re-structure the whole program hoping to be lucky someway.

So, I'm just wondering whether anyone could point me on the right direction on doing this? any comments would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Win a Yahoo! Vespa NEW - Yahoo! Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now!

[Index of Archives]     [X Forum]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [X.Org]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Fontconfig]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]