Re: How to get the topmost window through xlib programming

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Karthik Ramamoorthy wrote:
>

>>            Is there any option to get the topmost window or currently
>> active window through anu xlib API . Because i think, through
>> XQueryTree we can get all the Alive windows(windows that are not
>> closed) only. So is there any means to get the topmost window, also is
>> it possible to check whether the windowID that i am having is top most
>> window or not?
>

> XGetInputFocus will tell you the window that currently holds the
> keyboard focus.  That is usually what you what when you ask for the
> "topmost window".

   It depends. I have "focus follows mouse" and the window with the input
  focus can be very deep in the stack, and might be barely visible at all
  (in extreme cases of copy-in-one-windows-and-paste-in-another). It really
  depends of what you want to do with the "topmost" window, just keep in mind
  that "topmost window" and "window with active focus" might differ.

      Loïc