Re: How to turn off the hardware mouse rendering?

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Tim Roberts wrote:

> Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, [gb2312] Daniel(�����) wrote:
> >

> >>I want to snap a desktop include the mouse pointer. However, the
> >>common tools and functions can not capture a windows image include
> >>mouse. I think it's because the mouse is not draw by Graphic Card
> >>and is not put to the color buffer. So how to stop the hardware
> >>acceleration? Or there is some special way to do this job?
> >>

> The tools that take a desktop snapshot intentionally remove the mouse
> pointer from the screen, because in the vast majority of cases, you
> don't want it in the snapshot.  If you want the pointer in the snap, you
> will have to add it by hand.

   Saying that these tools remove the pointer is misleading.
The snapshot tools do no such thing.  The X-server removes
the cursor independent of whether the cursor was rendered in
hardware or software.  There is no way to get an image from
the X-server that includes the cursor.

			Mark.