Re: old mach64 server new ati server

Marc Aurele La France wrote:

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Patrick Deelman wrote:

I installed my old mach64 ati card into my machine to create a sweet
dual cga setup. Right now i'm using 4.2.1 and the ati driver only
enables me to run 8 bit mode. So reading some documentation i figured
out that the ati sriver limits my card to a non-ati card so i can only
do 8 bit mode.

That's not the reason.

My question is how can i run my card now at 16 bbp at 1024x786 so i can
look at my screen a nice way. Can i import the 3.3.6 driver or can i
modify the source of the driver. Maybe there are agressive options to
enable 16 bbp? Right now i'm stuck and couldn't find any help in the
docs i i'm turning to the newbie mail list.

You can do 1024x768@8bpp. I haven't had a chance to port all
XF86_Mach64's RAMDAC support yet.

Hmmm... too bad. looks like i have to wait then :(
well offcourse the next question. Any idea when it will be fixed? Sure would be great to see in 16 bbp. Thanks for the quick reply.

Patrick