Van: Daryl Lee [mailto:dlee@altaregos.com]
Verzonden: zaterdag 30 november 2002 3:37
Aan: newbie@xfree86.org
Onderwerp: Re: Intel 845

Well, after all that, it still doesn't work.  But the good news is that
the new code gives me a decent diagnostic when "startx" fails.  It tells
me the BIOS only supports 640x480 mode.  I had encountered another site
that told me to change the BIOS parameter to allocate 8MB for video, but
the BIOS doesn't have that function at all.  Since a new video card is
likely to be cheaper than a new BIOS, it looks like that's the only
reasonable direction left to go.

Thanks for the try.

Daryl Lee
Marietta, GA