Re: Remote X session -- Confused!

Mike:

If I remember properly:

1. The display machine MUST be in host file
2. The display machine MUST be in hosts.equiv file
3. The display machine MAY be in $HOME/.rhosts
4. You MAY need xhost + set on the display machine
5. Check to be sure that xdm or gdm or kdm is set up to respond to remote queries
6. Below is a little script I use to start X apps without xdm. Make it executable and run it as Xstartup ipaddr app1 app2 where Xstartup is the script name, ipaddr is the i.p. address of the display machine, and app1, app2 are the names of X apps for example Xstartup 192.168.200.1 xterm xclock

I hope this helps. Get back to the list with your results.

#!/bin/sh -f
# $HOME/Xstartup
PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin:
PATH=$PATH:.: