Left-handed configuration for touchpad *and* wheel mouse

Hi!

I'm using both a touchpad (3 buttons thus) and a wheel mouse (5 buttons) on a laptop. I'd like to have them both configured as left-handed.

If I use just one mouse, it works fine with the following configuration:

Wheel mouse:
xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4 5"

or

Touchpad:
xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

My problem is that I'd like to have both mice configured simultaneously. Looks like it's not possible with xmodmap. If I map 5 buttons, it complains that my main mouse has only 3 buttons. If I map 3 buttons, I end-up with one left-handed mouse and one right-handed mouse.

Has any of you knowledge about remapping two mice with a different number of buttons?

Aline