need help in configuring vedio adapter

Hello

I am having HP laptop N5190 pavilion  i have installed
solaris 7 for intel version   i was able to complete
the installation and  the problem is with vedio
adapter
This laptop has S3 savage/IX adapter  i downloaded
4.2.0 binary toolkit and installed the the toolkit
when i run XFree86 -configure it tells me  not able to
find the  pointer device, and problem with the screen
also came across lot of information that VESA display
would  be a better choice but i am not able to get the
list  which allows me to select VESA  when i run
kdmconfig

I am trying hard to get infomation to configure the
display adapter

Can anybody  please help me  in this regard

Regards
RAVI.