XFree86 -configure ... libglide2x.s0

Ok, here's the deal,

I installed RedHat 7.3 with the bare minimum, no
X, no desktop, no window manger, just the basics.

I grab all the required files to install XFree86, I run
the script, all good.

Then I go to configure, and get a message demanding
the presence of libglide2x.so. I figure I can ignore this
because I dont use glide, nor does my card support it.

So I test it by doing XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86Config.new
and I just freeze.

So I took the glide package from the RedHat cd and
installed, but no good results.

I am at a loss of what to do.  While I was waiting
to be subscribed to this board I browsed through
prior postings.  This has been asked before, but
it seems no answer has been given. I would
really appreciate a concise answer to this problem!!

Regards,

Linux Newb