Re: Please help: refresh rate too high in RH8 generated config.

I don't know RH 8 but RH 7.x generates two config files both located in /etc/X11.
The one XF86Config is there for those who use X 3.3.6
the other XF86Config-4 for those who use X 4.x.x
If you have such a setup, any change to the wrong config file won't have much effect...
Lionel