Radeon drivers

I must admit to being slightly puzzled even though I know graphics card
manufacturers change name likes the rest of us change underwear.

I have a laptop running OpenBSD and Xfree on an "ATI Mobility M3" card
using the r128 driver. I've had it for almost 2 years and it works very
well with 4.2.0

I am looking for another laptop and so many seem to have the ATI
Radeon M7-P graphics card or Radeon 7500 or 9000.

I have looked on the web site in
http://www.Xfree86.org/4.2.0/ati3.html#3 and it says
"The newer Rage 128 and Radeon chips are not yet supported by
this driver. Rage 128's and Radeon's are, however, supported by
separate drivers,..."

I know about the r128 driver, I'm using it now, but can find no
reference on the site to a radeon driver although I have got
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o" in OpenBSD and
using google I've found someone's config file which uses radeon
as a driver specifier.

Does the /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o file supply
a driver for these  cards or is it a r128 or even a Mach64
since that includes "3D Rage Mobility (including the -M and -P variants)" ??

--
/*
 *  Paul Branston