libXaw3d install question...

hi everyone,

you might guess i'm a newbie around ;-)
This is my question:
I installed X v.4.2 from sources without any problem. I wanted to
compile and install GhostView, but while linking it, i realized i had
some library missing. After a quick sight to the Makefile, it seemed i
needed libXaw3d. I've got something called libXaw, but doesn't seem to
be the same thing (told you i'm a newbie ;-)
I noticed i needed libXaw3d header files, among them: ThreeD.h. I don't
have this file on my system, so i decided to download libXaw3d sources,
which i deed.
The only problem is that when i unpack the archive, i get a "xc"
directory, same as XFree. Does this mean i have to recompile the entire
X source tree, only for one lib?
This sounds kind of "annoying" ;-)
If anyone has any other solution, thanks for sharing it. Else i will
install some pre-built distribution of this lib, but i would have liked
to build it by myself. Anyways!

chc