Re: DVI on the Matrox G450

Enrique Curchitser wrote:

> I just got a new system with Red Hat 7.3 and a Matrox G450 dual head
> graphics card.  The card
> (and my monitor) support digital video (DVI), but I cannot seem to
> find the way to configure XF86config-4
> so it works.  The analog output works fine.  Any suggestions?

Yes, pls visit Matrox Website and take a look at latest Driver (
http://matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/lnx_200.cfm ).
You will find also a Linu Forum with plenty of hints.
The ReadMe is very helpfull, cause there you will find sample
XF86Config-4 File and a lot other useful information.
Also PowerDesk is more than usefull to setup DVI.
Due to my experience the G450 need Driver from Matrox to enable DVI
Port.The max. resolution is 1280x1024 on DVI.

As I´ve learned, the analog screen will be the primary if it´s
connected, so if you´ve configured everything with analog Monitor,
reboot your system and
disconnect the Analog.
rgds
Detlef