x moire background when kdm starts

I sent the following to debian-kde@lists.debian.org but they could not aswer
it so they told me to go the the xfree guys.

I would like to get rid of the black and white dotted background when
kdm starts. My eyes hurt very much every time I start my computer.

I have looked in /etc/kde3/kdm but could not find anything. I would like
to replace is with a plain color instead of the dots. Just black or blue.
I mean the dotted background that comes up just before loading the
blue debian background.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Bastiaan

I have also looked in the /etc/X11 directory but could not find a thing.
Is it possible to get rid of this very anoying background ? I know I'm not
the only one wanting to get rid of it because everyone I know says it
is ugly. But I can't find how to change it.

Thanks,
Bastiaan