Re: Mouse Trouble: No core pointer "Device or resource busy"

N i c k wrote:

> I've been attacking this problem for what seems like forever now and have
> achieved little more than a dented desk and bruised forehead. Basically, I
> used to run Debian Potato, with X. All was fine. Mouse worked on PS/2
> protocols and /dev/psaux device. All fine.

> I recently installed Debian Woody and everything is not fine. Whenever I
> boot up X immediately dies with this as the outcome:

This may be similar to my trouble with Mandrake 9. If you have an ISA
sound card, backup your /etc/modules.conf, then edit out all references
to your sound card. It got me my mouse back. My mouse worked during
install, and every boot until I ran sndconfig, then no more until
removing sound card support.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/