Re: XFree86 and my GeForce 4

> possibly going to the Nvidia Website and downloading their closed source
> driver (as well as the HOWTO) might be also a solution...
> Lionel

If you are using the closed source driver then I had the same problem on my
GeForce DDR (using the nv driver worked perfectly), which I traced back to
the fact that IRQ 11 was being used by my graphics card, sound card and LAN
card, simply turned on Plug-n-Play OS in my BIOS and it was fixed (dunno why
I turned it off, must be the default).

Ok, instructions. If you are using nVidias driver first type
# lspci | less
and not down what is using which IRQ.

If other cards are using the same IRQ as your GF4 this may be your problem.