Re: Switching between version

I did not find a "nice" way to do it for myself and ended up using two different userids in order
to half way automate it...
In short if you start from a console login followed by startx then starx invoques X (actually
/etc/X11/X) X being a symlink to the X server which "should" be located in /usr/X11R6/bin
The X 4.x.x server is XFree86
The X 3.3.6 servers (There are different ones depending on your graphic card...) are called
XF86_xxxx (in my case XF86_S3)
If X is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 then you are running X 4 (and -hopefully- using
XF86Config-4 as a config file)
If X is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_S3 (for instance) then you are running X 3 (and
-hopefully- using XF86Config as a config file)
This gives you a rudimentary way to switch, to you to improve on it
Lionel