Re: old laptop help

What other connections can be made to that laptop?
Does it have network onboard? Parallel port? maybe you could transfer some
data over a null modem cable, takes bloody ages but should work.
Or attach a parallel port CDROM drive given you know somebody who has sucha a
device.

Or: take out the disk, put in in your main machine and copy install data to
disk from there.
If you have network, try debian or FReeBSD bootdisks and get the rest via
network.

Dex