Re: [Xpert]Xserver won\'t recognize PCI card

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 00:33, Daniel Sheltraw wrote:

> It appears that, in the machine which is unable to function as
> expected, there is a problem with the Xserver recognizing the PCI
> card despite the fact we have told it where on the bus to find the
> card in the XF86Config-4 file. Also both cards are recognized by
> Linux as indicated in /proc/pci and both cards do function.

The only idea I have is that the bus ID you specify isn't correct. A
common cause of confusion is that lspci shows hex numbers, but X takes
decimal. At any rate, the correct bus ID should be in the log in a line
like

(--) PCI:*(0:16:0) ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW rev 0, Mem @ 0xb8000000/27,
0xb0000000/16, I/O @ 0x0400/8, BIOS @ 0xb0020000/17