Info on Viewsonics LCD monitor

Hi group:

I found out yesterday that I have a mandatory monitor changeover
coming on my system to a Micron (Viewsonics?) XV2000 LCD monitor.

I thought some pre-emptive research on Linux info for the
monitor would be good, but when I went out on Google
I didn't find anything.  I know LCD set-up is different from
CRT monitors, but I'm not sure what I'll need to do.

OS info:  Openlinux 2.4 with 3.3.* version of X.

Currently I'm running a Diamond Stealth III S520 card with
8MB to a 21" CRT (Micron label, maybe Viewsonics?).
Since it'll be running in the analog mode, perhaps the
changeover is minor.  Maybe a minor hack of the config file?

Limitation - I'm forbidden to connect the system to my employer's
network when operating Linux, and my dial-up at home never exceeds
19.2 (and rarely hits that), so downloads are virtually impossible.

Thanks in advance...

Paul Sherman
Biomedical Engineer
VA Center for Engineering & Occupational Safety and Health
(CEOSH)
St. Louis, MO
Paul.Sherman@med.va.gov