Re: Wrong font resolution

It was suggested to edit Section "Files" in the config file. First off, on my Mandrake 8.2 this section is empty, and font paths are instead in /etc/X11/fs/config in "catalog=". There, I just commented out the mention of 75dpi unscaled fonts. After that, several power-ons were in 100dpi and I was starting to rejoice, but helas! today it again started in 75dpi!!!

However, here's another thing I noticed. If I get 75dpi at power on and then restart X immediately, without launching any apps, 75dpi stays after the restart. However if I run e.g. Konsole and then restart X, I get my 100dpi. So, it seems like this thing depends on what applications were run the last time I quit X (or maybe what application was the last to shut down before shutting down X).

Does that ring a bell for anyone? Any suggestions on where to look?