Nvidia driver not working

I have recently upgraded the drivers for my NVIDIA TNT2 card. I made
sure that I followed their instructions on which files to download and
install, and also edited my XF86Config-4 file the way they instructed

Now when I run "startx", the screen briefly shows a blue blackground,
then it goes blank and shows only a small blinking square, with a
smaller yellow square inside it in the upper left cornet of the
screen.

If I press <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>, my pc will eventually restart, but none
of the other key I press has any effect.

The xfree86 log file does not show any obvious errors about my video
card or monitor, and the TNT2 driver that installed with the Red Hat
cd was working, and X was also working before I upgraded the driver.
I am using Red Hat 7.2