red hat 7.3 and IBM netvista X40

I have an IBM netvista X40 and recently installed red hat 7.3 on it. When
it came time to do the X configuration, none of the monitors listed worked
with the X diagnostic test (or later on attempting to start x). This
includes the variety of generic monitors and some of the IBM aptiva ones.

The netvista X40 is peculiar in that it is an integrated monitor/CPU and
so I have no idea what similar monitor to used. I checked the archives,
and have found various posts on related topics, but only after the users
managed to get X working, so I am wondering what monitor specs I should be
using to configure my machine...