startx problem with XFree86 4.2.0

Hi,
I just installed RedHat 7.3 on my machine. The setup
worked correctly. After I selected a S3 Trio64V2/DX
(2Mo) as my graphic card, I tested it in 1024x768, 16K
and it worked fine. However, after booting for the
first time, I get the text login and the following
error if I try to run startx:
*******************************************************Data
incomplete in file /etc/X11/XF86Config
Device section "S3 86C775 (Trio64V2/DX)" must have a
Driver line.
(EE) problem parsing the config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

Fatal server error:
no screens found
After looking this error up in google, I chose to
manually edit XF86Config and add the following driver
line:
Driver         "s3"
According to
http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/Status28.html#28
"s3" is the driver I should use with my video card and
XFree86 4.2.0.
Yet, after modifying the file, rebooting and trying
startx again, the screen becomes black for 2 secs and
then returns the following error:
*******************************************************(EE)
No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found
I tried looking up the log file for more details, and
apparently, my driver doesn't work for the card. Yet,
it seems that the RedHat setup was detecting the
correct card and that it could make Xwindows work.
I don't know if this information helps at all, but
note that when I run Xconfigurator I get a
segmentation fault.
Can anyone please help me with this?

Many thanks in advance,

Emmanuel