(no subject)

Hiya,

We currently are attempting to use pc's which use the Intel 845 integrated
chipset which uses the 845GL video chipset.

Intel's advice to get this to work under RedHat Linux is to use the VESA
driver but it appear that this does not work for myself.

I don't know if this is due to something I am doing or whether there is an
issue with Xfree 4.2.0 and the Intel 845 graphics.

I am using the 2.5.25 (previously tried to use 2.4.18) and I have compiled
support for 845/850 chipset in the kernel.

The issue seems to be that you attempt to go to init 5 and the screen just
remains completely blank even after a bit of disk chundering.  I can switch
back to a text console fine and there doesn't appear to be anything untoward
being logged on the console.

Closer examination of the Xfree86.0.log file seems to reveal a whole set of
write combination errors relating to the VESA  module which is trying to be
used Xfree86.

I would appreciate some pointers on being able to resolve this.

I apologise if the information is a bit vague but I would be more than happy
to elaborate if it helps diagnose and fix the problem.

Many thanks

Kam

This E-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended for the addressee only.
necessarily represent those of Hill House Hammond. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance upon the contents of this E-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e mail in error please notify the sender immediately,
or our IT department by return e mail to ITSEC@hhh.co.uk.
Hill House Hammond will then arrange for its proper delivery.
Please then destroy this e mail, any copies of it and delete it from your inbox.
Hill House Hammond monitor mail for unauthorised use and viruses,
however addressees should check this e mail for viruses as Hill House
Hammond do not guarantee the absence of viruses

Head Office: Hill House, Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2LL Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street,
Norwich, Registered Number 2624984 England.

Hill House Hammond Limited is an independent intermediary, a member of the
General Insurance Standards Council and a subsidiary of Norwich Union Insurance Limited,
an associated company of CGU Insurance plc, CGU International Insurance plc
and Haven Insurance Policies Limited.
Introducer only to Norwich Union Marketing Group members of which are
regulated by the Financial Services Authority for investments, life assurance and pensions.